Becoming a Member
If you have completed all of the educational and practical experience requirements for the CPA certification program or a legacy program, we'll walk you through the final steps to membership:
- Once you have successfully completed the Common Final Examination (CFE), or a legacy program, and submitted your final Practical Experience Report, your file will be reviewed for admission to membership (process requires six to eight weeks).
- If you qualify, CPA Ontario will send you a personalized email with application instructions.
- Follow the instructions provided, submit your completed form and pay the required fees.
- Upon completion of Step 3, your file will be presented at the next monthly admission to membership review for approval.
- Once you have been admitted, you will receive a congratulatory email from the Office of the Registrar welcoming you to membership. At this point, you can use the CPA designation and your name will be added to the Member Directory. Feel free to announce your success to the world — and on social media, using #cpaontario.
- Within six to eight weeks you will receive your official membership certificate.
For more information, review the Member's Handbook, Regulation 4-1.
CPA Members of Another Provincial Body
Are you a CPA member from another province? Find out more about your path to becoming a member in Ontario.