CGA Legacy Requirements
Am I Legacy CGA Student?
You are considered a legacy CGA student if you:
- registered prior to September 1, 2015 with CGA Ontario and have completed all of the educational components of the CGA program.
- you are currently in the process of completing your practical experience requirements or are completing your 90 credit-hour degree requirement.
- you have maintained your status as an active student by paying the CPA Ontario Annual Student Fee (ASF).
Once you have completed all the requirements by the deadlines indicated below, you may be eligible for the CPA, CGA dual designation. For more information, refer to Regulation 6-1.
- You must complete a 90 credit-hour degree by June 30, 2020. Students who do not complete the degree requirement by this time will be deregistered.
- You have completed the education requirements of the legacy CGA program.
Submitting Your Proof of Degree
To submit your proof of degree, have your official transcript(s) showing degree conferral mailed directly from your post-secondary institution in a sealed envelope to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1B3
Attention: Transcript Assessments & Registration
- If you are reporting your practical experience in PERC, you must complete it by September 1, 2018; otherwise you must transition to the CPA Practical Experience Requirements (CPA PER) and use the CPA Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT). For more information about CGA PERC, please review the Legacy CGA requirements.
- Any legacy experience completed and reported in PERC by September 1, 2018 will be recognized until June 30, 2022, provided all other CPA program requirements have been met.
Applying for Membership
If you have completed all the education and practical experience requirements within the deemed deadlines, you may apply for membership.