Requirements for CGA Legacy Students who Transitioned to CPA PEP Prerequisites
Am I a Legacy CGA Transitional Student Who Transitioned to CPA PEP Prerequisites?
You fall under this category if you:
- registered prior to September 1, 2015 with CGA Ontario and completed part of the educational component of the CGA program.
- you transitioned into CPA preparatory courses or are completing the CPA PEP prerequisites at a post-secondary institution (PSI).
- you have maintained your status as an active student by paying the CPA Ontario Annual Student Fee (ASF)
Once you have completed all the requirements by the deadlines indicated below, you may be eligible for the CPA designation. For more information, refer to Regulation 6-1.
Degree conferral, by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2020, or
- by the start date of Capstone 1
Submitting Your Proof of Degree
To submit your proof of degree, have your official transcript(s) showing degree conferral mailed directly from your post-secondary institution in a sealed envelope to:
Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
69 Bloor Street East
Toronto, ON M4W 1B3
Attention: Transcript Assessments & Registration
Completion of CPA prerequisites (through CPA preparatory courses or at a PSI) by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2022, or
- six years from the start date of their first CPA prerequisite course
Completion of CPA PEP, by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2028, or
- six years from the start date of the their first CPA PEP module
Completion of the CPA certification program, by the earliest of:
- June 30, 2029, or
- seven years from the start date of their first PEP module
- If you are reporting your practical experience in PERC, you must complete your practical experience by September 1, 2018; otherwise you will be transitioned to the CPA Practical Experience Requirements (CPA PER) and the Practical Experience Reporting Tool (PERT). For more information about CGA PERC, please review the Legacy CGA requirements.
- Any legacy experience completed and recorded in PERC by September 1, 2018 will be recognized until June 30, 2022, provided all other CPA program requirements have been met.
For more information about the deadlines, please refer to Regulation 6-1, (s.13).
Applying for Membership
Once you have completed all the education, practical experience and degree requirements, you may apply for membership.