You may vote confidentially (by proxy) online or by mail, or in person at the Annual Meeting.
2017-2018 Council Election
The number of members to be elected to the Council in 2017 is five (5). Familiarize yourself with the candidates prior to voting. Vote for no more than five (5) candidates. Any ballot and proxy marked with more than five (5) votes will be not be counted.
To vote at the Annual Meeting:
The scrutineer will be in attendance at the Annual Meeting at CPA Ontario’s office at 69 Bloor Street East, Toronto, on Thursday, September 28, 2017 from 3 p.m. until the Annual Meeting commences at 4 p.m., to receive ballot and proxies directly from members. Members who prefer to cast a ballot in person after the Annual Meeting has commenced may do so only if they have registered with the scrutineer and obtained the necessary ballot prior to the commencement of the Annual Meeting.
If you prefer to vote at the Annual Meeting, you may register to vote with the scrutineer between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. at CPA Ontario’s office at 69 Bloor Street East, Toronto, on Thursday, September 28, 2017.
If you require assistance, please contact Karen Armstrong or call 416 969.4237.
Notice of Annual Meeting of the Members
Notice is hereby given that the Annual Meeting of the Members of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario will be for the purposes, as set out in By-law section 5.1, of:
- hearing and receiving the financial reports and statements for the year ended March 31, 2017, and the report of the auditor thereon;
- electing five (5) members of the Council;
- appointing the auditor for the corporation and authorizing the Council to fix the remuneration therefor;
- electing Professor Stanley N. Laiken, BA, MBA, PhD, CBV an Honorary Member of CPA Ontario;
- confirming the acts of the Council and officers thereof; and
- transacting any business properly brought before the meeting.
All members in good standing as of September 18, 2017 are entitled to notice of and to vote at the meeting.
All proxies must be deposited with the Secretary no later than 5 p.m. on September 27, 2017.
On behalf of the Council of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Nigel White, CPA, CMA, Secretary